Basic CSS Assignment
In this assignment, you are to use CSS to format your original Web pages from the previous assignment.
Write your CSS document using a plain text editor on a Mac or PC without the assistance of a WYSIWYG editing package.
Here is a list of required elements to include:
- Create an external style sheet (.css document) with at least three different kinds of style rules and link it to all your original HTML pages.
- Your style rules should specify font family and font size for paragraph and heading text.
- Your style rules should specify link states including link, visited, focus, hover, and active.
- You should also specify a background color for your pages.
- At least one HTML page should also include an embedded style sheet (within the
headsection of the document, below the external style sheet link) with at least two style rules.
Beyond these requirements, feel free to include additional CSS to design your pages as you like! Just be sure to test them locally using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari as you go along.
Submitting Your Assignment
Upload your files (including both the CSS and HTML) to the i6 UNIX web server. Your files and directories should go into your web root directory. Test your pages in a browser at the proper web URL once they are placed on the web server. Your URL will be the following, with your username plugged in:
Submit this URL to the homework email address.
- An external style sheet (.css document) with at least three different kinds of style rules, linked to student's original HTML pages. (30%)
- At least one HTML page should also include an embedded style sheet"within the head section of the document with at least two style rules. (20%)
- Style rules should specify font family and font size. (20%)
- Style rules should specify link states: link, visited, focus, hover, and active. (20%)
- A background color should also be specified for the pages. (10%)