In this assignment, you will create a complete web site. However, since you already have a file named "index.html" up on the i6 server you will need to create a new folder called "assignment" and place all of your new code inside this folder. The first page of this new site will be named "index.html" and you should make a link from your "old" homepage to link to this new site.
Contents of your site
- Use DreamWeaver to create a new web site, of at least eight pages that make up a complete site upon a unifying topic.
- Make a web site that people will want to visit and read. Make certain your site has interesting information in it; that it is well organized and easy to navigate; and that it is artistically pleasing.
- Your site should be based around a single subject - one of your choosing! Remember, you are publishing not only for this class, but for the whole world to see!
From the technical standpoint, here are required elements
- An external style sheet for use with this site. The style sheet should contain at least two original named styles (IDs or classes)
- You should lay out your content using tags and position them as you see fit.
- Links to other web pages that you have created and put on the i6 machine (relative links).
- Links to other web pages on the internet (external / absolute links).
- A background image or background color on every page.
- Images: These may be from various sources such as clip art, and at least one you create yourself.
- At least one list
- At least one table
- An image map (which is a separate graphic from the original graphic listed above)
- Anchors and links to anchors (links that link to content within a specific page)
- At least two meta-tags (keyword & description)
- A favicon
Extra credit (10%)
- Integrate Google Analytics tracking code into your site (In your Google Chrome web browser, Google how to set up analytics, or search Google's YouTube videos for tutorials)
Submitting this assignment
- Submit the usual way
- Also post a link to this site from your wiki account page