Online Quiz Assignment
Build a web-based multiple-choice quiz about a topic of your choosing with at least 10 questions that a visitor to your site can answer.
- 1 What should the quiz be about?
- 2 Should I plagiarize my code?
- 3 What are the functional requirements?
- 4 How does it all fit together?
- 5 What are the technical requirements?
- 6 How do I submit my work?
- 7 What links here
What should the quiz be about?
Pick a topic you're interested in. Some examples:
- any of the data sets we've recommended in the past
- Which supermarket products don't contain high-fructose corn syrup
- US naturalization interview questions
- identification of trees based on description of bark
- the gender identity of banana slugs
- etc... please use your own nascent imagination
Should I plagiarize my code?
No. Every student must write their own code, and no two students can use the same topic. Of course you are free to 'borrow' any code that your kindly instructor has given you.
What are the functional requirements?
The following outlines the functionality of the quiz app, broken down by pages that the visitors see. For all code files, use comments in your code to explain key steps.
Log in page
A visitor to the site will first be presented with a log in page. This page will ask the visitor to enter their name and email address into a form.
When the visitor submits the form, the app must do the following:
- if the visitor has not entered their name and email address:
- redirect the browser back to the Log in page
- if the visitor's has already completed the quiz:
- redirect the browser directly to the Result page.
- if the visitor's email address is not already in the database:
- save the visitor's name and email address into the database
- redirect the browser to the Quiz page
Visitors are shown all questions and the answer options to each question on the Quiz page.
This page does the following:
- loads all questions and answer options from the database
- displays all questions and answer options in a well-designed form the visitor can fill out on the page
- when the visitor submits the form:
- the fact that this visitor has completed the quiz is stored in the database
- their selected answers to each question are stored in the database, associated with their 'account' (i.e. their name and email address)
- redirect the browser to the Result page
After the visitor has completed the quiz, the Result page displays their score.
This page must do the following:
- display the visitor's overall score (percent of answers that were answered correctly)
- display all the questions and their correct answers, and visually indicate which questions the visitor answered incorrectly
How does it all fit together?
What are the technical requirements?
What server-side programming language should I use?
What database system should I use?
What should the web pages look like?
However you like, so long as they meet the functional requirements.
How do I submit my work?
- Post your assignment pages to your i6 account
- create a link to the main assignment page from your i6 website home page
- send us the URL to your assignment Log In page
- send us all code file(s) in a zipped folder with your name on it