Simple LED circuit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following circuit is the most simple LED circuit possible. The same circuit is displayed in three ways:
- a breadboard diagram
- a photo of a real circuit
- an electronics schematic diagram
- What is the purpose of the resistor?
- Using Ohm's Law (V=IR), what is the current running through this circuit?
- Using Ohm's Law again, calculate the resistor value you would have to use in order to have only 15mA of current in this circuit?
- Assuming the LED drops 2.2V of voltage, how much voltage is dropped by the resistor?