Flow charts are useful for diagramming the flow/logic of your program.
- use ovals for start and end
- use parallelograms for input/output
- use rectangles for internal processing
- use diamonds/rhombus for decision points
- use arrows to indicate flow
Example flow charts
The following is a flow chart of a very basic program that asks the user what is their favorite vegetable, and outputs a meaningful response related to what the user entered.
This is a slightly more sophisticated flow chart showing the logic of a variation of the card game, Blackjack.